Skincare is a daily regimen! The food we eat and the beverages we drink help us nourish our overall body and the skin is one of the most vital organs in our body. The introduction of tea into our daily regimen can have impeccable health benefits and if carefully chosen can help you get clear and glowing skin. Specific varieties of tea and ingredients if used properly during the preparation of the tea can help long-lasting skin benefits. In this post, we take a deep dive into 7 teas that are marvelously beneficial for our skin and should definitely form a part of our lifestyle.
1. Chamomile Tea: Best Herbal Tea for Clear and Glowing Skin
Used as a traditional folk remedy for various health issues, Chamomile tea is shown to be effective in managing several illnesses. It is made from dried chamomile flowers, which have chemicals called flavonoids. Flavonoid is a kind of nutrient found in various plants and plays an important role in the medicinal effects of this tea. The usage in folk medicine with encouraging results has made this an effective herbal supplement. Today, Chamomile tea is consumed as a beverage for a wide variety of health benefits.
Chamomile Tea Benefits for Clear and Glowing Skin:
- Chamomile tea helps you with digestion and metabolism which in turn is one of the most essential factors to keep your skin cells healthy.
- Chamomile contains very powerful antioxidants including polyphenols and phytochemicals that are scientifically proven to reduce aging and accelerate cell and tissue regeneration.
- Chamomile tea also helps you find anxiety which is one of the main reasons for faster cellular aging.
2. Green Tea: Best Tea for Clear and Glowing Skin
Made from the Camellia sinensis plant, Green tea is promoted as a beverage or dietary supplement that improves mental alertness, helps with digestive symptoms and headaches, and promotes weight loss. The dried leaves and leaf buds of the plant are used to make several kinds of teas, including black and oolong teas. Steaming and pan-frying Camellia sinensis leaves, followed by drying them gives us green tea. It is not fermented, which allows it to maintain important molecules called polyphenols, which are responsible for many of its benefits.
Green Tea Benefits for Clear and Glowing Skin:
- A study showed that EGCG, an antioxidant abundantly found in green tea can be instrumental in rejuvenating your dying skin cells. By protecting and repairing your cells, this antioxidant can combat signs of aging and make dull skin look healthier.
- The vitamins in green tea, especially vitamin B-2, can also keep your skin looking more youthful. Also, Vitamin B-2 can help your skin look more youthful since it has the ability to maintain collagen levels.
- Packed with several vitamins, including vitamin E, Green tea has the ability to keep your skin hydrated and nourished.
3. Rooibos Tea: Best Herbal Tea for Clear and Glowing Skin
Famously known as red tea, Rooibos tea has recently become popular as a delicious and healthy beverage. It has been consumed in the southern part of Africa for centuries and has become a beloved drink around the world. It is an excellent, flavorful, caffeine-free alternative to black and green tea. The herbal tea comes from the fermented leaves of the Aspalathus linearis shrub, which is a plant native to southern Africa. It has several health benefits.
Rooibos Tea Benefits for Clear and Glowing Skin:
- Rooibos is full of antioxidants including Quercetin, which is considered to have powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It has a soothing effect on the skin and can fight against eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, or acne.
- Superoxide dismutase, contained in Rooibos tea can mitigate wrinkles and boasts of superior anti-aging properties.
- Vitamin C levels in Rooibos tea can help you repair collagen and connective tissue in the joints.
4. Turmeric Tea: Best Ayurvedic Tea for Clear and Glowing Skin
Turmeric is an extremely popular spice that is made from rhizome or the roots of the Curcuma longa plant. It is native to Southeast Asia and has been used in herbal remedies for thousands of years. Turmeric tea can be brewed in a number of ways like brewing grated turmeric root, pure turmeric powder, or using store-bought turmeric tea. The spice has curcumin and has several health benefits that may help you avoid various health conditions.
Turmeric Tea Benefits for Clear and Glowing Skin:
- Turmeric tea can inhibit the production of melanin to a certain extent, which is responsible for dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Drinking turmeric tea on a regular basis can reduce blemishes and give you a smoother skin tone and even appearance!
- Additionally, turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components. They are able to provide clear and glowing skin. It can be instrumental in bringing out the natural glow of your skin.
- Adding Turmeric tea into your lifestyle can boost collagen production. It blocks elastase, the enzyme that is said to attack your skin’s ability to produce elastin. Slower elastin production in your body is marked by fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging.
5. Black Tea: Best Tea for Clear and Glowing Skin
Black tea comes from the Camellia sinensis plant. Post harvesting, the tea leaves go through a process of wilting, bruising, rolling, and oxidation. The process of oxidation happens when the leaves are exposed to the air for a long and the enzymes break down the chemicals, which produce the color and smell. The oxidation process gives black tea nutritional benefits. It is rich in antioxidants and removes free radicals.
Black Tea Benefits for Clear and Glowing Skin:
- Black tea is bestowed with antioxidants and polyphenols that can protect your skin from premature aging and wrinkles. Regular topical use of black tea promotes glowing skin and contributes to a more even skin tone.
- Also, the antioxidants present in Black tea can help flush out toxins from your body and reduce the appearance of blemishes.
6. Oolong Tea: Best Soothing Tea for Clear and Glowing Skin
A combination of dark and green teas, Oolong Tea has several health benefits like reduction in stress, helps in weight loss, and more. It is a traditional Chinese tea that is made from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. The difference between green and black tea and Oolong tea is the manner in which it is processed. Oolong is made when the leaves are wilted in sun and slightly bruised to create partial oxidation.
Oolong Tea Benefits for Clear and Glowing Skin:
- Oolong tea can rejuvenate your skin cells and delay biological aging by fighting against the free radicals that actively damage DNA and cell membranes.
- Since oolong tea is effective at combating free radicals, it can suppress certain allergic reactions that cause eczema and dermatitis.
- Additionally, the presence of antioxidants in Oolong tea can give you clear and glowing skin.
7. Sunflower Tea: Best Herbal Tea for Clear and Glowing Skin
Sunflowers are extremely famous for their seeds but they can give us more. Sunflower tea is made by brewing the sunflower petals and it is very pleasant to sip and drink. It tastes great, is slightly bitter, and has a strong flavor, accompanied by a sweet aroma of honey. It has a lot of potent health benefits like reducing inflammation primarily in the throat, windpipes, and tonsils.
Sunflower Tea Benefits for Clear and Glowing Skin:
- Sunflower tea is packed with Vitamin E and selenium which acts as a strong antioxidant and aids in neutralizing many free radicals.
- Sunflower seeds also contain linoleic acid, which helps with moisture retention thereby keeping your skin less dry.
- Also, it prevents the premature signs of aging, as it helps protect your skin from exposure to sunlight.
The Bottom Line
What is needed should be effortless. Otherwise, it becomes difficult to maintain it for long and it doesn’t form a part of our lifestyle or regimen. Try one tea every day for 7 days a week and follow this regimen for a few months to see a marked change in your skin conditions and overall mood. We at ‘Top10teas’ believe that ‘teas’ have stood the test of time and have been used for centuries to aid mankind from several chronic diseases. So why not continue this legacy!