Tea has had an extraordinary journey in India. From being a herb valued for its medicinal purposes to a must-have kitchen ingredient, it has marveled emperors and endeared ordinary people’s hearts. And now, you can find this popular beverage available at every other Indian street stall. Along the years of its growth, various luxury tea brands in India have flourished with the increasing consumer demand.
If tea is your go-to drink, this article is meant for you. We have curated the best tea brands in India, which will win your good judgment and health! With natural flavors and antioxidants, India’s top tea brands bring you the finest of the lot. Dig in to explore more information on premium tea brands in India.
Your Cup of Comfort- Why Should you Choose Only Premium Tea Brands in India?
Have you ever felt bloated after having a cup of cutting chai over a street stall? Have you wanted to make your cup of comfort and health? Well, we are here to answer all those questions. You do not need to replace your tasty tea with some bland, distasteful alternative for the sake of your health. There are tea brands that can offer you a delicious and healthy brew. They not only curate products from reputed tea estates but also bring you a variety of exquisite blends keeping your health and product quality in check.
They excel in customer feedback, product quality, pricing, packaging, and service quality. These are the top-rated, affordably priced best luxury tea brands in India. Read below to know what they have to offer.
10 Best Tea Brands in India: 2022
Bringing out the complex flavors of the premium tea blends, these best luxury tea brands in India will make you fall in love with their brews. Take a look at their pros to know why.
1. Tata Tea Brand: Best Tea Brand in India
Ranked as one of the top tea brands in India, Tata Tea is one of the biggest packaged tea brands that offer an immeasurable range of tea blend varieties. Launched in 1962 in Kolkata, Tata Tea promises flavor and fragrance with every sip. Grabbing a significant chunk (over 30%) of the market shares, Tata Tea warms up the hearts of millions of Indians by creating magic with every brew. Tata Tea has consistently maintained its top-notch product quality be it their perfectly blended organic Assam tea or exquisite green tea long leaf products. If you love Assam Tea, Tata Tea Gold’s premium products will impress you with the perfectly blended organic tea leaves exuding intoxicating aromas. Regarding taste, the Tata Tea brand is an undisputed winner.
- You have the leeway to choose from a range of handy tea bags, whole leaves, granules, or dust powder.
- Taste and fragrance are not the only areas where this tea excels; this tea is also helpful in lowering your blood pressure, preventing cold and congestion, and regulating your blood sugar levels.
- Ingredients such as ginger, Brahmi, cardamom, and tulsi are rich in antioxidants which improve your immunity and fight against harmful agents inside your body.
- Their instant tea products include tea flavors such as ginger and masala, which are hugely popular amongst the masses.
Among the several Tata tea products, some of the most liked ones include –
- Tata Tea Agni.
- Tata Tea Gold.
- Tata Tea Premium.
- Tata Tea Gold Black Tea.
- Tata Agni Leaf Tea.
- Tetley Green Tea.
- Tata Tea Gold Leaf Tea.
2. Brooke Bond Red Label: Best Tea Brand in India
Owned by Hindustan Unilever Private limited, the Brooke Bond has been one of the trailblazing tea brands in India. With a broad customer base across India, Brooke Bond excels at delivering top-quality tea made with love, professional care, and hard work in the Brooke Bond Excellence center. Brooke Bond curates only the leaves considered pick of the bunch from reputed tea gardens. After the launch of Brooke Bond’s “Red Label,” their tea products’ flavor became synonymous with the “Taste of Togetherness”. The tea is processed in various Brooke Bond Excellence centers in Darjeeling, Meghalaya, Coochbehar, and Assam.
- The manufacturing units in which the tea leaves are processed to perfection through several stages: withering (drying the tea leaves), rolling (oxidation of the leaves), drying, and refining them based on their sizes. This detailed process gives the tea its unique taste.
- The tea products include five main Ayurvedic ingredients: Ashwagandha, Tulsi, Ginger, Mulethi, and Cardamom. These natural ingredients help build immunity.
- Their affordable pricing is also a huge plus and makes this the second favorite of the top tea brands in India.
- Taj Mahal Gold.
- Taj Mahal Classic Tea.
- Taj Mahal Ginger.
- Taj Mahal Masala.
- Taaza Leaf Tea.
- Taaza Dust.
- Taaza Gold.
- Brooke Bond 3 Roses Tea.
3. Wagh Bakri Tea: Best Tea Brand in India
Hand-plucked from the tea gardens in Assam, Wagh Bakri Tea is maintained by Gujrat Tea Processors and Packers Limited. Being one of the leading tea brands, Wagh Bakri has an annual turnover of over 1500 crore. Wagh Bakri aims to promote the importance of connecting with others while enjoying the tea drinking experience. Their products are loose leaf, caffeine-free, and deliver an excellent consistency in taste.
- They believe that a good cup of Wagh Bakri can dissolve societal differences and contribute to creating peaceful co-existence and long-lasting relationships. This is their motto.
- True to their words, they have sustained a long-lasting, loyal relationship with their customers while consistently maintaining their tea’s excellent quality.
- You can get them in fancy tea bags or loose leaf bags.
- Wagh Bakri Green Tea.
- Wagh Bakri CTC Tea.
- Wagh Bakri Premium Leaf Tea.
- Wagh Bakri Tea Bags Pure Darjeeling Tea.
- Wagh Bakri Instant Mix Tea.
- Wagh Bakri Flavoured Tea Bags.
- Wagh Bakri Ice Tea.
- Wagh Bakri Organic Tea.
4. Organic India tea: Best Tea Brand in India
Founded in 1997 in Lucknow, Organic India tea is a pioneering brand that introduced herbal tea infusion and Tulsi blends. This brand is one of the best CTC tea brands in India, leading a health-conscious way of life through their refreshing brew that transports you to a more soothing mental habitat.
- Each Organic India tea product connects you to Mother Nature through its intricate flavor profile and calming aroma.
- They claim that their advanced tea processing and dehydration technologies reveal the herb’s true nature.
- Bringing together other medicinal herbs and spices, their tea products are brilliant stress relievers and immunity improvers. It serves as one of the top green tea brands in India.
- Organic India Tulsi Ginger
- Organic India Tulsi Masala Chai
- Organic India Tulsi Green Tea
- Organic India Tulsi – Honey Chamomile
- Organic India Moringa Hibiscus
5. Girnar: Best Tea Brand in India
Make your tea anytime with Girnar’s unique tea bags designed to retain the taste and aroma for a long time. From loose teas to instant “dip and sip” fancy tea bags to delicious infusions and blends, Girnar is a top player. Girnar sells in over 48 countries and has both local and global recognition.
- Girnar has master tea tasters who taste every blend and approve only the ones that are one-of-a-kind.
- Their teas are sourced freshly, processed, and packed with no delta so that the tea leaves retain maxim flavor and aroma.
- Girnar uses state-of-the-art tea processing machines to maintain hygiene and prevent the spread of harmful agents through human contact.
- They offer a wide variety of tea blends.
- Their products are reasonably priced.
- Girnar Royal Cup tea
- Girnar Detox green tea
- Girnar instant premix with masala
- Girnar Green tea, desi kahwa
- Girnar Masala black tea
6. Tea Box: Best Tea Brand in India
Tea Box now leads the globalization of Indian tea flavors globally. It delivers a healthy and refreshing brew imbued with several spices and medicinal herbs. Selecting only A-grade tea leaves, Teabox sources only from renowned tea estates in Darjeeling and Assam.
- Teabox takes pride in going against the traditional way of taking a long time to source, process, and pack. They claim that their teas are hand-processed 24 hours after getting plucked. The packaging is done within 7 days.
- Teabox provides a wide range of teas offering various qualities. While some help in soothing your nerves, others help in weight loss or improving sleep or energy.
- They are available in loose tea leaves packets, powder, and tea bags.
- Teabox Detox kahwa Green tea
- Teabox Organic Hibiscus Cinnamon Clove Green tea
- Teabox Assam Masala Chai
- Teabox Organic Darjeeling Green tea
- Teabox Dandelion Green tea
7. Tea Trunk: Best Tea Brand in India
Be it handcrafted tea blend or tisane tea; Tea Trunk excels in both. Blends are created from 100% natural tea leaves sourced from the finest tea estates. Approved by expert tea sommeliers, Tea Trunk creates its extraordinary combinations.
- Tea Trunk only brings the choicest ingredients to their tea blends.
- Their products are organic, flavored with unique spices and herbs, and caffeine-independent.
- Tea Trunk teas take you one step closer to good health by relaxing your mind and de-stressing you.
- Their products undergo several steps of testing, retesting, and further refining, bringing out the tea’s impeccable taste.
- Tea Trunk Marigold Green Tea
- Tea Trunk Chamomile Herb tea
- Tea Trunk Lavender White tea
- Tea Trunk Mango Mint Green tea
- Tea Trunk Hibiscus Green tea
8. Vahdam: Best Tea Brand in India
Wouldn’t you love your teas to be garden-fresh? Vahdam, one of several best CTC tea brands in India, brings you that with the added care of handpicking the leaves and refining them through state-of-the-art technologies. Vahdam prioritizes the quality of native Indian tea types and spices and delivers them to other parts of the world without using intermediaries who cut profit from the workers’ share.
- Vahdam’s no-middlemen policy has dramatically changed our perspective on the age-old tea industry traditions.
- With the help of technology and the potential of connecting through an online platform, they have greatly improved the supply chain.
- Vahdam tea leaves are free from harmful insecticides and pesticides that could compromise your health.
- Vahdam Organic Turmeric Ashwagandha tea
- Vahdam Hibiscus Rose Herbal tea
- Vahdam Organic Chamomile Tea bags with Mint and Citrus
- Vahdam Organic Spices Tumeric tea
9. Lipton: Best Tea Brand in India
Blended with the most delicate tea leaves curated from top tea-producing countries worldwide – India, Sri Lanka, China, and Kenya, Lipton is a big fish in the Indian tea Industry. Lipton’s parent company is Hindustan Unilever Limited, and its leading brand is Lipton Yellow Label.
- The Lipton yellow label is created by blending 20 different tea varieties.
- They offer an affordable range of loose leaf teas and instant teas.
- Their tea blends include green tea, black tea, and other herbal teas.
- Their tea products have a signature floral fragrance, making your tea drinking experience fun.
- Lipton Darjeeling Long Leaf Loose Tea
- Lipton Pure & Light Loose Green Tea Leaves
- Lipton Honey Lemon Green Tea Bags
- Lipton Royal Ceylon Srilankan Black Tea Bags
10. Goodricke: Best Tea Brand in India
Goodrricke almost dominates the Indian tea market with its extraordinarily pure and blended green, black, and CTC teas with distinct flavor profiles. They are reputed tea producers and ship tea in and out of India. They specialize in the best orthodox Darjeeling and Assam teas, ready to overwhelm you with their robust taste and soothing aroma. Goodricke is a tea connoisseur’s favorite.
- Goodricke tea products stand out because of their strong taste and authentic products. They are always given priority because of their years of loyal and consistent consumer service.
- They source their tea from the creme-de-la-creme tea estates of Dooars, Assam, and Darjeeling.
- They are budget-friendly and come in whole tea leaves, tea bags, and instant tea packs.
- Goodricke Roasted Darjeeling Tea
- Goodricke Thurbo Darjeeling Tea
- Goodricke Castleton Vintage Darjeeling Tea
- Goodricke Chai CTC Leaf Tea
FAQ on The 10 Best Tea Brands in India
- Which tea brand is No. 1 in India?
Ans: Tata Tea rand wins the first position as the most trusted and popular tea brand in India, offering quality tea at a reasonable price.
- Which quality tea is best?
Ans: Whole leaf teas are usually preferred more when it comes to the quality in flavor and aroma of the tea product.
- Which is the best tea powder in India?
Ans: Tata Tea Gold, Wagh Bakri, and Brooke Bond are some of the tea brands which bring A-grade tea powder products to consumers.
- Which is the first quality tea?
Ans: India’s premium tea brand, Tata Tea Gold, is the first quality tea in the Indian market.
Waking up to your cup of warm tea is nothing short of a blissful experience. The best tea brands in India keep in their vision the customers’ demands and shape their products to match their standards. These brands are adept at meeting customers’ expectations and surprising them with new additions or blends to keep their buyers hooked. Remember that your answers don’t always lie in India’s most expensive tea brands. Rather, several decently priced affordable packets of Tata Tea or Lipton can warm your heart as the tea leaves are handpicked, finely processed, and packaged with utmost care.